About the Foundation
Established in 1974, the Texas Newspaper Foundation, a non-profit organization, exists to honor the past, protect the present and build the future of journalism in general and newspapers in particular as a vibrant force in democratic society.
Texas Newspaper Foundation
718 West Fifth Street
Austin, Texas 78701
Micheal Hodges, Registered Agent
Board of Trustees
Larry C. Jackson,
La Grange, President
Cameron, Vice President
Lake Charles, LA, Treasurer
Among the efforts the Texas Newspaper Foundation supports are:
- Continuing education for mid-career journalists offered through the Texas Center for Community Journalism at Texas Christian University. These workshops and seminars are provided at no cost to the participants.
- Recognition of the profession’s visionaries, innovators and community
builders through the Texas Newspaper Hall of Fame.
- Preserving the stories of Texas journalists through the Texas Newspaper Oral History project at The University of Texas.
- Supporting scholarship and internship programs, in partnership with the regional press associations of Texas.
- Advancing the cause of freedom of the press, in Texas and around the world.
- Improving the public’s understanding of the importance of newspapers to a flourishing democracy.
For more information on some of these projects, click on the images